During the hot Colorado summers, GroundMasters knows just what thirsty lawns need to beat the heat and thrive.
For over 25 years, our expert irrigation technicians have been fully trained and kept up-to-date on everything related to your sprinkler system; no matter the issue, our techs can diagnose it, make any necessary repairs or adjustments, and keep your lawn looking great.
The first step of maintaining or repairing any sprinkler system is performing a thorough evaluation of all sprinkler lines, controllers, valves, and other components to check for any issues or possible improvements.
Getting Sprinkler Checks and Water Audits
Having a sprinkler system that is working effectively and efficiently not only keeps your lawn green, it also keeps a little extra green in your wallet. Leaks, damage, and components out of alignment or specification in your sprinkler system can cause water bills to skyrocket and potentially damage your lawn, flower beds, and other plants.
Some common problems found during sprinkler inspections include
- Broken or leaking lines and fittings
- Broken, clogged, or missing sprinkler heads
- Misaligned sprinkler heads
- Sunken heads that have dipped below ground
- Controller failure
- System or zone failure
- Dry spots or wet spots on your lawn
To make sure that your sprinkler system is working at its maximum potential, our technicians will perform a thorough inspection of your sprinkler system from top to bottom.
Our in-depth sprinkler evaluation includes:
- Inspecting all sprinkler heads and zones to ensure they are working properly, maximizing the system’s coverage and efficiency
- Pressure testing the main lines and zone valves to ensure everything is working within specifications
- Inspecting all lines and valve boxes for leaks or damage
- Checking and flushing out system filters, or replacing if necessary
- Reviewing electronic control valves, wiring, and isolation shut off valves and making adjustments as needed
- Resetting and adjusting timers to maximize watering efficiency
- Adjusting automatic rain sensors to ensure they’re working properly
Our technicians will make notes of any adjustments, repairs, or modifications necessary and discuss them with you. We will provide a quote for any needed work; depending on the extent of the work, we may be able to complete all extra work the same day.
Some common lawn sprinkler repairs or adjustments include:
- Raising sprinkler heads because of shrub or flower growth
- Trimming grass and removing other obstacles around sprinkler heads that may be blocking them
- Relocating sprinkler heads because of shrub growth, tree or fence installations, or other landscaping improvements
- Clearing out or replacing clogged sprinkler heads
- Repairing leaks in lawn sprinkler system lines
- Adjusting sprinkler heads for direction and volume required for the specific area they are watering
- Recalibrating or replacing any defective electric solenoid valves
Once all repairs/adjustments have been made, we will recheck the system to make sure that the repairs were done correctly and that everything is working properly. Keeping your sprinkler system working flawlessly during the hot summer months can make a huge difference in the appearance of your lawn. This increased curb appeal can be a big ROI due to increased traffic, customers, and business.
Make sure that your sprinkler system is in working order with a sprinkler system inspection today from the trained technicians at GroundMasters Landscaping Services. Also, see our sprinkler repair & installation page for additional information.